Monday, April 26, 2021

How to write a reflection paper on a lecture

How to write a reflection paper on a lecture

how to write a reflection paper on a lecture

 · Blog #3 – Reflection on a Lecture. February 4, February 4, by cobb at pm February 4, In the last week I have been thinking about the myriads of lectures I have heard at CE events and the lectures presented by professors throughout my educational experience  · Personal reflection on the oral presentation Name: Jessica Alfredsson What have I learnt from practising before the real presentation? I’ve learnt that it is very essential to prepare well before a presentation, because people can tell if you’re not well prepared and the presentation will not be very good if you’re not prepared For successfully writing a reflection paper, you will need to keep some of the following aspects in mind: Keeping it concise, short, and precise. Ensuring the clarity of each thought through articulated sentence formation. Incorporate one idea as part of one paragraph. Keep a professional tone for the reflective paper



How to Write a Reflection Paper: 14 Steps (with Pictures)



The Ohio State University. In the last week I have been thinking about the myriads of lectures I have heard at CE events and the lectures presented by professors throughout my educational experience.


Honestly, most of the lectures are a blur to me today. There was one lecture series which stands out to me, how to write a reflection paper on a lecture. One of the courses I took in dental hygiene school was a course discussing topics about medical emergencies, administration of local anesthetics and nitrous oxide administration. A lecture was given on administration of nitrous oxide over a period of several class periods. When I reflect on this lecture series the memories are vivid especially considering it happened over ten years ago.


The lecture portion of the course met in a large auditorium with a big stage and auditorium seating. It was an older building and room that had not been updated. The students had wooden seats that flipped down with a small table that rotated up for taking notes. I was sitting in one of those seats along with thirty-three other classmates.


We had two professors for this course who were oral surgeons and certified in general sedation. The lecture series began with discussing respiratory physiology and the pharmacology of nitrous oxide. Leyman did the first part of the lecture series and he finished the lecture discussing nitrous oxide machines and the indications and purposes of using nitrous oxide. His delivery was direct and the content was given in a logical way that was easy to follow and helpful when taking notes for the lecture.


I still have my notes from this lecture series and as I review them I can remember listening to the information presented and being drawn into the topic of respiratory physiology and pharmacology of nitrous oxide.


We were given a booklet prior to the lectures to read with questions at the end to answer. In class I added to the notes for my own clarification, how to write a reflection paper on a lecture. After the core content was delivered Dr. Leyman asked for a volunteer from our class.


A classmate volunteered and the next part of the lecture was a demonstration of administrating how to write a reflection paper on a lecture oxide. At this point both professors, Dr. Leyman and Dr. Anderson, worked together demonstrating nitrous oxide administration and dialoguing about experiences in their careers administrating nitrous oxide to patients. The stories they shared spoke to clinical effects they had seen in their patients and reactions to look for and hints for administering nitrous oxide.


I am drawn to a story and these stories built upon what we had learned over the last couple of lectures and helped me understand the concepts better. Questions were encouraged by both professors throughout the lectures. Why does this lecture series evoke a memory that is much more vivid than any other lecture? First, I think that the way the information was presented was in a logical format that I resonated with.


I appreciated the notes that were given prior to class for us to review, how to write a reflection paper on a lecture. It helped me know what concepts I was not grasping so that during the lecture I could take notes to expound on these areas of weakness. The stories that were shared made an impact on me. It gave flesh to facts that were given. It gave experience to a procedure I had never done before but others had done and could share it with me. When Dr. Anderson told their stories they asked the class questions to engage us in what we had just learned about nitrous oxide and apply it to the story.


It was another way for us to engage in the material using critical thinking and problem solving strategies. We had to have a grasp on the course material in order to fully understand the extend of the stories shared. The same book as mentioned previously in chapter 10 explains the importance of the lecturer being prepared for the lecture and for them to prepare students by giving an outline prior to the lecture with questions to answer so that during class there is more time to explore the topic fully.


I felt that in this lecture series I was given the expectation of what concepts I was to understand and both professors were prepared for class and understood the information in depth and could present the material directly. The reflection of this lecture series has given me a perspective of my how to write a reflection paper on a lecture as a presenter of information.


It is important that I know the material well and I am direct in my expectations for those I am presenting the information to. Allowing for students to make connections and to use critical thinking strategies is paramount in preparing them to engage in new material.


I do think that storytelling can make a class interesting and make it seem more relevant to students. Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Ohio State nav bar Skip to main content How to write a reflection paper on a lecture Ohio State University. Help BuckeyeLink Map Find People Webmail Search Ohio State.


Leave a Reply Cancel reply Your email address will not be published. Log in.




Writing a Good Reflective Essay: from Introduction to Conclusion!

, time: 14:38





How to Write a Reflective Essay: Format, Tips and Examples | EssayPro


how to write a reflection paper on a lecture

 · Personal reflection on the oral presentation Name: Jessica Alfredsson What have I learnt from practising before the real presentation? I’ve learnt that it is very essential to prepare well before a presentation, because people can tell if you’re not well prepared and the presentation will not be very good if you’re not prepared For successfully writing a reflection paper, you will need to keep some of the following aspects in mind: Keeping it concise, short, and precise. Ensuring the clarity of each thought through articulated sentence formation. Incorporate one idea as part of one paragraph. Keep a professional tone for the reflective paper  · Blog #3 – Reflection on a Lecture. February 4, February 4, by cobb at pm February 4, In the last week I have been thinking about the myriads of lectures I have heard at CE events and the lectures presented by professors throughout my educational experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Washu scholarship essays

Washu scholarship essays Washington University is committed to rewarding talented students with academic scholarships for their exceptional ...